OPINION | This article contains commentary which reflects the author's opinion.

Rapper Huey, who was best known for his mega-hit, “Pop, Lock & Drop It,” was shot and killed in Missouri at the age of 32, according to Fox News.

Huey, whose real name was Lawrence Franks Jr., was shot and killed outside of a home in the 8100 block of Martin Luther King Boulevard in Kinloch, Mo, a spokesperson for the St. Louis Police Department told Fox News.

On June 25 around 10:50 p.m. police received a call about a man that had shown up at a local hospital suffering from at least one gunshot wound.

He was pronounced dead shortly after.

A second victim, unidentified, 21, remains in the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries stemming from the same incident.

Ten other individuals who witnessed the shooting came forward, according to the Police.

Law Enforcement encourages anyone else with information to come forward.

Do You Like This Artice? Give Us Feedback 👇

“I’m doing me now, examining life and my situations, things I see and been doing,” Huey told the outlet at the time. “It’s about the struggle of me and my career. The music is versatile. It’s hood, it’s street and it’s urban pop.”

He added: “The critics were stating Huey was done. I never let them dictate my future. I kept working hard. The more they told me I couldn’t do it, the more I wanted to.”

“I was never that guy — that ‘Pop, Lock & Drop It’ guy,” Huey explained at the time. “That was just a record that worked. I never thought it would be the record for me, but it was. And with that happening, it got in the way of what I wanted to be looked at as.”

More from Fox News:

According to Newsweek, the rapper, also known as Baby Huey, was originally from Kinloch. He rose to fame in the rap community with his debut hit single “Pop, Lock & Drop It,” which debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 chart at number 98 in 2007 before eventually reaching No. 6 overall. The music video for the track currently has more than 50 million hits on YouTube.

He was previously signed with Jive Records, which went defunct in 2011. He cut a second album titled “Redemption” in 2010 before he signed with Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad in 2013 after seemingly being off the grid for years, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

— Advertisement —